On the last day of April we headed for S.V. We had gotten new tires put on earlier that day and when Jason got off of work we left. We thought if we traveled through the night the kids would sleep most of the way and we wouldn't only have to stop once. Well it was a good plan, but the truck had problems overheating due to a dirty airfilter. If it had been daytime it would have been no big deal to hit a parts place and be on our way. Instead we limped it along and finally made it about 2:00 a.m of course Walter went crazy for awhile before he went back down. At 5 I started my day with the baby and realized it had snowed! The main purpose of the trip was to help my dad get spring planting done. It ended up working out fine though. Jason spent the day helping my dad work on equipment and I was able to spend time with lots of family. Thursday looked more promising and Dad and Jason hit the fields, I took Walter up while sis napped and he got to ride in the tractor and help fill the drill. Tammy and Hanna was able to spend the afternoon with us. Later that night we did Red Baron with Jullie's family and took Allis to meet Rick and Tane. We got home kind of late, Jason stayed up for a bit and I helped Walter get settled in for the night. Within a short period of time of laying with him I heard his croup settling in. I cannot even begin to describe the bad words that ran through my head. "Are you kidding me" is the censored version. Yep.... sure enough we ended up with a trip to the E.R. honestly at this point a trip home wouldn't be complete without it :) I will say I was very impressed with the nurse and dr., not knowing Walter's full history they were very good to litsen to me on what works best for him, and we got it under control quickly. Dr. head did gag walter though and after he threw up on "nie" i knew it was going to make it an extra long night. Thankfully blankies powers work threw a plastic bag. Anyways the rest of the trip was a blur of sick kids, sick Jason, finish planting, dinner out,and one very onery Mom(me)! I honestly suck at functioing on little sleep. Walter was not an awesome friend but he never is when we go home its all just too much for him. All the sudden a massive amount of people, noise and kids. I overheard often what a little shit he is......
Are you asking why we even bother? Yeah me too.
Walking back into our house here in Cheyenne was an amazing feeling!
Well today Baby has the flu and my phone with all the pictures from home is right by her, so hopefully I will add them later. Here is one of Grandma, Allis & Ammon
And a few fun ones since we have been home
I just reread this post and realize how onery I sound....
sick baby+no sleep=onery mom-sorry









No comments:
Post a Comment