Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cheyenne Is good for us

Today in Young Womens ( i am now the secretary) we did a combined lesson. During Part of it she had us write something good that has happened to us today-the pastweek-thepastyear-and something we hope will be good in our future. It was actually kind of fun to stop and think about.  And with a little reflection it was easy to see Cheyenne has been good for us. This is the first and only place Jason and I have lived together as a couple, while here we have welcomed two beautiful healthy babies, Jason has a good job with a pretty awesome schedule, Not to mention its the location of our first Home. We have really settled in and are loving the friendships we are developing.  Here is the place we decided to bring the church back into our lives, we are not awesome at it but are trying. Cheyenne is where we became a family.

We had so much negative feedback when we announced our plans to move here, it's kind of nice to look back and know they were wrong. It was frightening hearing it all and wondering if they were right.

May makes it eight months since we have been to SV. Hands down the biggest stretch since moving away.  I have only felt homesick once in that stretch. That crushing weight of missing "home" to the point of crying hit me as I drove through Wellington and saw all the tractors going for spring planting. Thank goodness I was on my way to Jaymie's and the feeling of having family close by settled over me and I was ok. I truly have loved having them so close the past year and was beyond excited to know it will be longer. Yes I miss all of you in SV and am dying to see you and your growing little ones, but it is wonderful to finally know for sure that We will be ok in Cheyenne. As for my list of good things in the future they all start with us here in Cheyenne.






No comments: