We had Allis' 4 month appointment on the 10th. Technically she is only one week shy of 5 months, but we got behind due to the doctor's office switching computer systems( or something) earlier this winter. Anyways she weighed in at 13 lbs 15 oz, and is 24 3/4 inches long. This moved her up into little higher percentiles than she was but still the lower half. But once again thats for four months old charts. She doesn't have the petite feel about her anymore, she's starting to get some chunky parts. She can roll over off her back, and does very well trying to situp. She needs just a little support be hind her. I enjoy watching her and Walter starting to interact. Anything fun he is doing he goes over and asks her to join in."come play" he says. I tell him it won't be long. The doctor was impressed with her impressive hand control. She also noticed Allis still has an ear infection in her right ear. I actually thought she was completely over everything, but guess not. She is still a good eater wanting to eat often, and has still not improved much on her sleeping skills. When you see me and I look like a zombie, dont panic i am aware of this and to be completely honest I feel like one too. Having a two year old and two kids now has really made me start to feel like a Parent. I felt like a mom as soon as I knew walter was on his way to us, but not necessarily a parent. I don't know how to explain it. I remember hearing other moms stories and thinking oh man I hope something like that doesn't happen to me. I But it does and you realize that like that other mom you too could also handle it. Its been interesting trying to find confidence in the parenting business. Sometime tuesday night Walter got a dirty daiper, he kept calling me in a saying owww, not knowing what he had going on I would rub his back and put him back to sleep. At one point I actually sent Jason in to see if he could help me figure out the owwww. Walter's diapers usually stink us out of the house, but of course this one had no smell! Anyways as Jason was getting up for work I brought Walter into our room to comfort him. I decided to change him so if he fell back asleep he wouldnt soak through if he slept in. And I finally figured out the owwww.! It was to the point a bath was the best solution, so Jason threw him in to get him started while I fed the crying baby. After some juggling between us we finally got Jason out the door to work and Me and the kids tucked in bed. I had Allis in her bassinet with my hand on her chest( BAD HABIT I STARTED) with Walter snuggled into my back, when they were both asleep I shed a few mom tears thinking I can't believe they are mine, completely feeling like a Mom and a Parent. I feel terrible I didn't know what Walter needed the first time he called me, but what a relief it was when we got it figured out.
Walter's first full sentence "Jason where are you?"
and the second "Jason where are you going?" (morning of the early morning bath)
the third " Jason what are you doing?"
Notice they are all directed to Jason and all questions! Let the fun begin!
Just some pics
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment