Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Homemade Pedialyte

*Happy Mothers Day*
 *Love this mischievous smile of his, wish I could say I just happened to catch us laughing together, but the truth is as I said cheese HE PULLED MY HAIR and then giggled.... What a tease*
I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing moms that inspire me. Trust me my kids thank-you:) Last week we were busy doing the flu at our house.  It feels like we are always sick, but this is only the 2nd time Walter has ever gotten the flu. His six month old sister has got it more than him! So I was not prepared like a great mom would be with pedialyte. Thankfully while in the E.R. in Star Valley part of the paperwork they sent us home with had a recipe for homemade. I thought I would share it with you. I had never even thought of doing it myself.

Homemade Pedialyte:

2 quarts water
1tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
7 Tbsp sugar
1 packet sugar-free kool-aid ( optional)

Now thats stuff I have on hand! Hope somebody out there other than me finds this useful.

No comments: