Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mom of a two year old

In less than a week I will become a mom of a two year old.  Walter has already mastered temper tantrums, biting, hitting, head butting, spitting, and so many other nasty habits of kids this age.  I find myself asking how i can possibly handle it getting any worse when he is actually two.  And much to my dismay when I ask advice of anyone who has been through it they simply say that two is nothing but really  three year olds that are terrible.  Oh lord help me is my first thought.  SO what is it about this age that is so challenging?  I find myself all day asking Walter to be a BIG boy, to use BIG boy words, to be a helpful BIG brother.  But then at nap time and night I find myself yearning for him to just sit on my lap like a toddler that still needs his moms cuddles.   Yes at this point these cuddles are solely for me and I dread when he won't indulge me and sit and read our books together.  After realizing how conflicted I am about what I expect of Walter I can't even imagine him trying to figure it out:) Especially as he seems to experience the same conflicts within himself.  Trying so hard all day to do things all by himself, and then at night when he is throwing up Flem screaming an absolute panicked "MOMMY" to have me by his side. And yes I truly love that he knows when he is in trouble he can call for me and count on me running to his side.  Hopefully Walter and I can find our balance of BIG and of Mommy to get the most out of the next year:)

Walter came down very very very sick last week.  He had his normal croop but to an elevated level of terrible. After two visits to the doctor and one xray later it was discovered he also had bronchitis :(  It was my first time as a mom dealing with a fever.  It was 102! After a long week and lots of help from daddy, he is a bit better just a nasty cough and runny nose hanging on. Could be a long long winter.

No comments: