Saturday, December 1, 2012

Allis' birth story

On Friday november 16th it seemed like just another day with another appointment scheduled. The 39th one for this pregnancy. I was beyond over being on bedrest and decided to break the rules a bit and go out to lunch with jason and walters adopted grandparents that live in Farson. After a nice lunch we headed to the hospital where we started out with our weekly ultrasound. The technician mentioned that my fluid had made a sudden drop but was high enough she would be surprised if they induced.  After some joking with her to fudge the numbers a bit so we could get the baby here on jasons days off, she headed off to talk to the doctor.  In the meantime I was hooked up to the NST monitor which was all apart of my normal appointment.  We never made it to an exam room our doctor found us and sent us straight to the hospital to  be induced! Jason literally jumped out of the chair he was sitting in ready to go!  All the sudden nerves hit me I had been so ready for her to come 20 minutes before but all the sudden I was thinking holy crap I don't think I'm ready.  Walter was with us so we went as a family and checked me into the hospital to get things started while Jason ran Walter to his Aunt Nickys to stay.  He hadn't finished his part of the hospital bag yet so stopped and did that and brought mine to me. That first night they did two rounds of gel on me.  I had been having consistent contractions for about a week so the gel got them coming closer and more intense.  They didn't get to aggressive with the induction that night and let my body do its own thing.  They told me to rest, yeah piece of cake with contractions every five minutes. Anyways after a long night of me thinking lets just get this going, the next morning we started out with another round of gel. All the nurses kept telling how lucky I was to be having my baby that day, I guess the doctor on call was "the doctor to have." Anyways immediately the contractions hit a whole new level and I knew our little one was on her way! I had hoped to not receive an epidural this go around, but was keeping an open mind about it.  I knew if they kept me right in bed I would need one.  I had hoped to use the jacuzzi and walking around to control the contractions. Being a high risk delivery they kept me hooked to about a million monitors and right in bed.  So 22 hours into delivery I gave in and got one.  I immediately crashed with exhaustion.  A little over an hour later I felt my water break and called the nurse in.  She confirmed my water broke and said things should speed up now.   I basically begged her to not leave without checking me I honestly felt like I was holding the baby in.  She laughed and checked. And RAN to get the doctor.  I calmly asked Jason to get up and be ready to catch the baby:)  Everyone came in and was getting the room ready in what seemed like slow motion.  I told the doctor I couldn't hold her in anymore.  So as he was scrubbing he suggested we do a "practice push" Well that resulted in her head all the way out and him squealing at me not too push until they were ready.  I told him I had no control over it and out she came right into his arms. One inside a gown and the other one had not made it that far:) All he said was "You weren't kidding that she was coming." 23 1/2 hours of work ( ok lets be honest 38 weeks of work) was laid up on my chest and I lost it.  Our journey was such a long one and I couldn't believe she was finally here.  She acted perfectly healthy so they let me tuck her in and just love her.  They didn't take her for about an hour and did everything right in my room so I was apart of it.  She weighed in at 6 pounds even and 19.25 inches long!  She received top marks in all her tests and everyone just gushed on how perfectly healthy she was.  What a beautiful thing! Allis roomed in with me constantly, no exaggeration she never even seen the nursery.  That night Jason had Walter at home and brought him the next morning to meet his little sister!  Jaymie and her family joined us later to meet her.  That morning we were told we would be discharged that afternoon as soon as she was 24 hours old to do a genetic screening.  What a miracle to be headed home with absolutely no signs of problems so soon! Hopefully I didn't give to much information describing my induction, but wanted to share the story of our second miracle.  We are so truly blessed.

No comments: