Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sweet Memory

I love when something unexpectedly takes you back in time to a Sweet Memory.  That Deju Vu moment that makes you feel like you have been, tasted, smelled, or seen this before.  Last night we did ice cream sundaes.  I had a Hostess Fruit pie ( the tiny kind individually wrapped) in the freezer.  I got it out and warmed it up in the microwave, and then proceeded to put vanilla ice cream on top.  As soon as the flavors of the hot pie filling and the slightly melted vanilla ice cream met I was instantly transported back in time.  I was sitting across from my Dad at the Elkhorn Restaurant eating a Deepdish dessert.  Oh what a sweet memory!  He would take us out to dinner and dessert if we made principals honor roll.  And for regular honor roll just dessert.  We always went to the same restaurant and got the same dessert, and last night I couldn't believe I had captured that Sweet memory in a bowl!

No comments: