Monday, October 24, 2011

10 months old

Walter is 10 months old today! He is in size 18 months clothes and size 3 diapers still. He is a master at crawling and has a few different gears. He likes to use his high gear to get behind the recliner where he isn't supposed to play!He still doesn't have any teeth, he can pull himself up onto anything and everything, and trouble has become his middle name it is so fun to watch him master so many new skills. He is starting to cruise on the furniture, but would much rather climb on it. He is a great eater and his favorite food is easily his oatmeal in the morning! He has slept through the night the past two nights. we have spent the past two weeks listening to him scream because I quit feeding him during the night and he has to put himself back to sleep. It's been very emotionally wearing so hopefully this new skill will continue! He is just starting to wave bye-bye and the few times he has done it have been to his dad leaving for work!


Walter discovered where i put the pots and pans and loves getting in there to bang on them!


Walter can turn anything into a toy right now he spent forever playing on some pillow that were on the floor. His favorite toy is a little finger puppet Rudolph the reindeer that is a magnet and lives on the fridge. He takes it everywhere in his mouth.

He loves to use the box to get on the couch so I moved the box. He pushed it over by himself,he is really into pushing things across the floor and taking them with him. Books work especially well for him.

He then uses the box to get the rest of the way onto the couch.

and then he crawls over to all the stuff we put up there so he can't reach to them to play!

For example the remote!
He usually waits to do this until I'm out of the room and just find him on the couch, but he did it while I was there so I could get pictures.

Walter enjoys when we go to the park so he can swing. He goes into relax mode, and only showa emotion when i try to take him out!

walter loves any time he can get with his Dad. He can say dada and mama but prefers Dada. He smiles whenever jason comes in from working even if he is in the middle of crying.. The other night he woke up long enough to smile at his dad and then went right back to sleep. It was a good sight to see. He seems to get into trouble so much I need those little moments to remember how precious he is some days!

Since he was 3 months old he has loved blankets and his thumb. In the last few weeks he finally picked his favorite blanket to drag around. He will look for it and even pull it off of the couch so he can love on it. I bought this blanket for him at the cottage in afton. We had just decided to start our family, and I seen it and had to have it. walter didn't come for two more years, but now I know why i just had to have it!

With his three favorite things: His thumb, his dad, and his blankie!

No comments: