Saturday, January 5, 2013

Allis at seven weeks


 I know seven weeks is an odd age to update on, but I have been slacking and want to share about allis while I have a few minutes.  Allis is known as "sis" or "sissy" at our house.  This is an endearment I remember my dad using for me and my sisters, and occasionally will still call one of us that.  i loved and still love it.  I found myself naturally calling Allis this and now it has become a nickname that will probably stick. She hates being swaddled, she will tolerate it as long as her arms are completely out of the blanket.  She usually sleeps with her arms both up by her head, she looks like a referee declaring a touchdown. For the last seven weeks she has insisted on eating every hour and half, day or night.  She sleeps very well between night feedings.  She is currently starting to stay awake more and more. At least a little while after each feeding.  She then likes me to rock her back to sleep.  Walter wouldnt ever let me do this he put himself back to sleep right from the beginning.  But this baby loves to snuggle! Last week she weighed in at 8 pounds 14 oz. Averaging a little over an ounce a day. She is starting to recognize my voice and turn her head towards it.  She hates tummy time! But loves her bath, she will kick and play and never even squeal.  She truly is a content baby, she only crys when hungry.  When she is especially upset her bottom lip will get to quivering its very cute.  She is starting to lose her hair but the new is coming in black as black.  She truly resembles her daddy. She currently has another cold which is no fun but she is handling it pretty good. She likes to sit in the swing as long as its not moving at all:)

Taken last week. I love this little bracelet sent to us by the Warren Family:)





All other pics taken today, I'm trying to have her take a binki she is doing better but isn't a huge fan!
Love ya baby girl:)

2 comments:

Annette said...

Way cute! Good luck with the binky - none of mine would ever take one!

Callie Warren said...

Hi! I just wanted to tell you that Allis is beautiful! I read your blog all the time:) I feel like we are a part of your life even though you are so far away! We miss having you close. Callie:)