I am so bad at keeping secrets, and the one person I can always tell is Jason. Having to keep his birthday present a secret from him for a few months nearly killed me! But when he opened the envelope showing plane tickets to Vegas for the truck show, with reservations at Treasure Island it was all worth it! And when he read the note stating Walter would be staying at his aunt Jaymie's for the trip all Jason could say is" this is the last thing i ever expected" That was Monday night, the next day on his actual birthday he worked and dreamed of flying out Wednesday! Jaymie was so awesome to keep Walter, so we could make the most of Vegas, and thats exactly what we did. It was so crazy eating at a restaurant and ordering what I wanted instead of what Walter could share with me. We caught the Blue Man Group which was amazing, and also laughed very hard at Rodney Carrington the next night, we rode the boats at the Venetian, ate at a restaurant that we couldnt pronounce a thing on the menu but the steaks were hands down the best we have ever tasted, We checked out getting tattoos but decided the price wasnt worth the memory. We walked through the shark aquarium and that was the only time I wished Walter was there because he would have loved it! Oh did I mention the reason we went was for the Great West Truck Show, I loved seeing Jason in his prime. He learned just how much I don't know about trucks, but was awesome to answer all my questions so patiently.. What he doesnt know some of them I knew the answers to, but I just loved when he would tell me about it with so much passion! I couldn't have felt more special when I got to thinking about this thing he loves so much and how he gave it up for our family to come first. Yup.. I'm pretty damn lucky I would have to say and so very loved! I was anxious being away from Walter for the first time, but not nearly as bad as I thought I would be, and I knew he was loving being with his cousins. He wasn't all that excited to see us at first, but has been EXTRA clingy and staying close to make sure we don't leave him again:) Sorry there aren't very many pictures, but I just loved the trip and was to caught up in it to worry about them. Either that or I was to busy trying to find my ankles after I lost them six hours into the truck show, sometimes being pregnant isnt awesome. But the pain was worth it!
Thanks again to Jaymie and all of her family for loving Walter for us, He is now able to go down stairs and his car noises are a hundred percent better! Love you guys

No comments:
Post a Comment