Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fun weekend


On May 24th we headed to Denver to celebrate Walter's cousins second birthday! We started the day at the Children's Museum which I had heard was amazing, but it was so much more than i could imagine The kids played and played in a world just their size.  My six month old nephew was showing off his army crawling skills, but made my day when I caught him trying to really crawl! We had a fun party that night and Walter and I stayed over so we could all go swimming the next day.  It was so windy in the morning we holed up. My sister headed out with two of her little ones while I stayed with all of Walters other cousins to play at the house.  We had to run the oldest back to school after lunch hour, but when we all loaded up to go we found out the transmission ad gone out of my truck.  So we all unloaded and the stress began! After it was decided we would stay for a little longer we took full advantage and went swimming.  We stayed another night and Walter started getting a little too comfortable with the boys and treated them like brothers and not like cousins.  The next day we enjoyed french toast for breakfast, visited, played, and then wet swimming again! That night after work  Jason and a family friend came down with his truck and trailer and loaded us and the truck up to head home.  Thanks for the great memories Hansen Family!

My nephew got this scooter for his birthday, and Walter loved it. He would hold on so tight while his cousin cruised up and down the sidewalk with him.

1 comment:

Jaymie said...

Jess I so love all of these!! Thanks for coming a staying with us. It makes home not so far away.
Love and miss ya! See ya soon.