Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween

I was really looking forward to Halloween this year.  The main reason being that it is the only Holiday Jason has off this year.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that either.  Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are all days he has worked or will in the near future.  How his job works if your scheduled day on lands on a holiday you are simply expected to work it.  With so many great things about this job its hard to complain about this. As long as we know we can plan accordingly.  Anyways back to Halloween:)  In October I  had envisioned going to one of the fun pumpkin patches in Colorado and spending a great day there, where the perfect pumpkins would come home with us.  After that Walter would love helping us carving them and it would be a perfect family memory.  We planned on taking him to our Ward party for some inside Halloween fun with friends and finishing up with going around to our friends house on the actual holiday! Bedrest has been very mentally challenging for me.  I thought our one Holiday together this year was going to be a bust and was getting down about it.  I couldn't have been more wrong!  Walter's Halloween completely ROCKED!  He hated carving pumpkins, but loved that some family friends with two little boys joined us on the adventure. To make it even better his uncle Stirfry was here too!  He went to an awesome pumpkin patch in Colorado with his cousins, which was much funner than if he had gone with Mom and Dad.  He later dressed up with his Denver cousins for a night of trick-or-treating at the Pepsi Center. On Halloween we met his girlfriend at the mall for a dinner. And together they went around to all the businesses and got way more candy than either one of them needed. Yep he definitely had a chance to make some wonderful memories!

  My tough cowboy, this is one of the few pictures he isn't dragging his blanket around
 sweet kisses from khloe.  This is the only one she snuck in all other attempts ended up with Walter stiff arming her.  I told him to take them while she so freely gives them out

The next day we had an aversion scheduled at the hospital.  Walter went to play with Khloe and as always they had lots of fun!  The best part of the day? When we got to the hospital we found out Miss Allis had flipped all on her own the night before!  What a relief. Earlier we had been told the chances of her flipping out of the transverse and breach position both were next to nothing this late in the pregnancy.  Lesson learned: never give this girl a challenge:) We have an induction set for the 20th but we are ready for her to come anytime she decides.  My BP has been really good, so even though I'm struggling with bedrest I am loving the results! On Tuesday she will officially be considered full- term.  During yesterdays ultrasound they estimated her to be about six pounds. Feeling like everything that made this  high risk pregnancy are minimal now, and what a wonderful feeling!




No comments: