Thursday, August 30, 2012

Peach Dessert

My computer crashed a while ago and thats my excuse for not keeping up with walters pictures very good on here.  Last week we went home to S.V. to go camping.  We have had our trailer close to five years now and this was our first time taking it camping!  We have used it a ton, but for Jason to live in while he was out of town working.  We had such a great time, Walter was in heaven with all those sticks and rocks and massive amount of  dirt and fresh air.  He learned to say outside and would say daddy outside as soon as his eyes opened( very early in the morning)  He started referring to his Uncle Jace as "Buddy" Jace is the only name he can say besides mom and dad so i guess its fitting for him to be the first nickname! Walter loved playing with Jace and would folllow him everywhere. My feet swelled up so bad but it was worth it. We loved having our family time.  While up there my mom sent peaches to eat, but instead I saved them until we got back to Cheyenne so I could make our favorite summer dessert.   Start with a layer of nilla wafers, Cut up about eight peaches( ripe-fresh) on top of that.  Mix a small box of vanilla pudding and pour over the top, and follow with a layer of whip cream. Simple right but oh so delicous:) I let ours set over night and the nilla wafers soak up all the juices! Hope everyone had a great summer like we have.  It feels like its coming to a close.  Walter had appointment on Monday and we are officially waiting for the specialist in Denver to call or his first appointment.  In total we have been to a dr's office five times this week. One for him, an ultrasound(all is great), normal baby appointment, to the lab to test for diabetes, and my weekly injection! Way too many...  My little boy is an expert elevator rider, he holds on so cute and knows when and what buttons to push. Its been a busy week as I have canned my pears( thank you Jaymie your help was so appreciatted) done playdates, babysat a few mornings, lunch with friends, tried my hand at making my own laundry soap, and preparing for a garage sale in a few days. On top of that I was introduced to pinterest!Yikes on my time! Trying to fit lots in before we leave next week for star valley, Walter and I will spend three weeks there.  When we get back I hope to fill October up with home time getting ready for baby and getting projects wrapped up so when she arrives I can just love on her all day with no guilt!  A worthy goal I do believe!

No comments: