Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Everybodys Learning Something


For the last few months whenever somebody has asked me Walter's age and I reply 17, 18, and now 19 months I seem to get the same response " Oh what a fun age!"  I would grit my teeth and smile  and simply say " Fun but challenging" I felt like I had missed the memo telling me this was a fun age and instead Walter had gotten one on tips of how to push your moms buttons, and when to finally Back down to still survive:)  I have noticed lately that we seem to be butting heads a lot less, and just enjoying this fun age. When I mentioned this to my Dad yesterday he asked " So you finally
got him to mind huh?" I laughed as I responded " No I'm just  learning to pick my battles and becoming a more graceful loser." Afterwards I realized just how true this was. As soon as I worked on my half of the problem we have been getting along so much better.  I still have a little boy who is more of a handful than most, but I have started enjoying this age and the new firsts it brings. For example  putting his pants on all by himself for the first time. You could just see his little wheels a turning trying to figure it out.
 
Off to a good start

Shaking his legs in like he sees daddy do
Are they both supposed to come out the same hole?
Restart
Keep trying buddy you almost got it figured out! In the meantime your mama dont' mind that you still need her for a few things.


A couple of sidenotes:

Walter usually relaxes on my lap for a few minutes before going to bed. Its been getting harder to get comfortable due to my belly.  Last night he layed his head on my belly and kicked his feet off to the side up over the arm of the chair. It was adorable, and Allis went crazy moving all around acknowledging that he was there. Gotta love it!

Last Wed. Walter had his little surgery ( i will try to put on some pics he was adorable in his hospital gown) when they got in there, there was no signs of a narrowed airway like they thought they seen on his earlier x-rays.  I know its great to have everything normal, but it left us with questions instead of the answers we were hoping for.  I thought it was the last leg on our journey figuring out what is going on but instead we are being referred to a pediatrician pulmonary specialist in Denver.  Thank goodness there is a Childrens hospital so close by.  I'm starting to think we wont have it figured out before our next baby gets here.

Anyways thats all for now we had a crazy week last week and I will try to get it updated with photos


 

1 comment:

Annette said...

Picking your battles is a hard but vital lesson to learn. Warning - it only gets harder when #2 comes. Kids are fun, but once they figure out how to push buttons, it doesn't ever stop. Good luck!