Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sundreched Days and Star filled Nights

Walter and I just got back from a two week vacation in Star Valley.  As always we enjoyed it, but this was an extremely challenging trip.  Walter got croup so we had to do doctors for that, just when, I was sure he was going to live through that I twisted my ankle, when I was finally able to walk again I came down with the flu and ended up in the hospital with contractions( very scary when you are being treated to prevent preterm labor) where I was treated for dehydration, and just when I was feeling better Jason came down with it, then it put haying to a halt with rain and it was time to head home, so on traveling day Walter came down with the stomach bug.  Oh did I mention that Walter was cutting two teeth, started biting his cousins, and would scream bloody murder when I went outside without him to help my dad.  Somewhere  with this all going on I was able to spend a few minutes on the tractor hauling hay and swathing:)  I didn't get a ton of pictures and most of them are on my phone so I will post those later.  On Monday morning when we were getting ready to leave Walter was running around outside while we were getting the trailer put away.  He walked right through the mud and I got after him That we were in a hurry and to not get dirty. Haha yeah right mom, so after I swallowed my crazy mom moment of wanting to stop him, I left him be and the highlight of this entire trip was watching Walter play in the mud puddle.  He was later joined by his uncle Jace, and splashed big time by his daddy.  He was in heaven, he giggled, squished, kicked, splashed and squealed like a healthy happy 18 month old!
   Yep two weeks of hell was definitely worth watching my baby boy enjoy life to the fullest for an hour in the mud puddle!

1 comment:

Jaymie said...

Oh my this made me laugh so hard!! I hate when things work out this way. Hope your trip home was okay and that you are all feeling better. Miss ya already!!