Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Brace Yourselves its a long one!

OK here is fair warning this post is a huge one. Keep in mind we just spent 17 days in Star Valley! I took 413 pictures while we were there, and that's not counting all the ones on my phone which are some of my favorites of us working in the fields! So take a seat (this will take a few minutes) and enjoy!



Walter and i got to Star Valley on the 8th of July, the next day we went swimming with my mom,cousin melanie, aunt jers, aunt jackie, and uncle jace. Walter went into chill mode but really seemed to enjoy it. This pic was after he was out of the water!
My cousin Melanie was visiting from California and Walter fell in love with her. He spent a lot of time with her and aunt jers so I could help my dad in the fields. He especially liked changing pipes. He would snuggle into Melanie's arms and ride with us, i would drive the four-wheeler and get on and off doing the pipes. Thanks Mel for all of the great memories, and snuggle time, and all the great pics you took, like the one above!

For A few nights I would round bale at night and the I would put Walter to bed and Jers & Mel would watch him for me. I ended up needing to do it during the daytime so the girls kept him for me and would drive the truck up every couple of hours so I could feed him. The pic below Jers took while they were hanging out in the truck while I swathed some hay.


I was trying to help my dad and jers get the round baler hooked up and going so I had Walter sitting on a blanket and he was fussing. My cousin Josh who was visiting from California sat down and played with him so I snapped a picture of them.




Walter had a chance to play with his cousins and LOVED it. He got tired of sitting so leaned on Kristi and was torturing her as you can see from below! She would get back at him by sitting on him on purpose. it was so fun to watch them together.



There was a lot of action going on at my parents house. My Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Fred, Cousin Melanie and her brother Nicholas, and cousin Josh, and us were all visiting at once. Here Jace, Clancy, and Anna are wrestling with Nich and Josh.



Walter fell in love with this doll, good thing his dad wasn't there, and when he was able to come the doll mysteriously disappeared.





Walter and his Aunt Jers!



While we were there Jerrie and my sister Jullie ran a half marathon that they have been training for and did awesome! I was so proud of them, and I know they were both happy with their individual times. Great Job Guys!




I needed Jerrie to hook me up to some wagons and Holt and jace wanted to come with her. We told them to get boots on and it touched my heart to see Jace helping Holt put his on.




Walter loved all of the attention he got from his great grandma, and his grandma. He also spent a lot of time with them so I could help Dad. I tired to take him with me as much as possible, but sometimes it wasn't possible.




Walter's cousin Tallon stayed a few nights and it was great to spend time with him. His mom found out they are expecting a boy while we were there, so I told Tal that Jesse is a boys name too so he could use it for a middle name. He looked at me very serious and told me" if we are going to name it a girls name it will be Thelma!" It made me and my dad smile and chuckle pretty good!




Walter in his dads favorite farming sweater!




Walter loved riding on the four wheeler and in the tractor with me. Jason's boss brought him to Farson where me and Walter picked him up. It was great having him there for the last few days of the trip.



I will be the first to admit I'm not a huge fan of dogs, and really don't care for them around the baby. That being said my dog Tonka who lives at my parents house fell in love with Walter. And Walter with him. I had to keep a close eye on them to not love each other to much. It didn't always work as you can see them kissing. We had to dig Tonkas paw out of Walter's mouth, and Tonka was such a good sport about Walter pulling on his ears and mouth to get him close.




Clancy, Anna, Evie, Holt, and Kristi Olenslager



Visiting with Uncle Jacob




The little Buckaroo rodeo was going on. I got to visit with my cousin Em and didn't watch all that close. Here are her two kids with Jace.




Walter's version of a rodeo! That night we went to the SuperBull event they do each summer. he did pretty good I remember it being a lot funner when I could sit and watch and not have to walk around with a fussy baby ready for bed. It was soo loud though. His Uncle Jacob did Bull Poker he didn't win but provided the entertainment for everybody the bull went after him and got a little piece of him. it scared me to death, i guess I must love him! Thankfully he walked off just fine.



I walked outside and these little birds were learning to fly we got one and snapped a few pics.





7 months old!




Walter is 7 months old and we did a swim day in his little pool, it included a water fight with my dad jace and nicholas! Walter discovered splashing in the bath in my moms kitchen sink so he loved his little pool. I 'm so amazed by this baby especially how well he sits up, how well he eats his food and especially how well he travels!



Last night there so i got a few pics with his great grandma. When he gets tired he rubs on whoever is holding him no matter who it is . It seems a little like hes snuggling but he can do it pretty hard! So here he is "snuggling" Grandma Shirley! He loved spending time with her but would cry whenever she kissed him, it became a little joke! Thanks to everybody who took time out of lifes busyness to love and visit and make special memories with Walter!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

He's getting so big!!! I love your blog! :) Miss seeing you guys around Sundance!